The children's marketing & publicity competition is back! If you've produced a brilliant children's campaign with a budget of less than £2000, then we want to hear from you.
Conference delegates get the opportunity to enter their best campaigns of the year into our Children’s Marketing and Publicity Competition. The prize is £3000 to spend on advertising with the Bookseller together with the opportunity to present at the conference on 26th September.
What is the judging panel looking for?
This year we are focusing on low-budget campaigns that cost £2,000 or less. They can be for a children's print book, digital product, imprint, reading campaign or backlist promotion.
For the first time this year, we're asking for submissions to be made via a short video - no more than 90 seconds - explaining why your campaign should win. You can also submit an accompanying document of up to 300 words, although this isn't compulsory.
The main things the judges are looking for are:
What did the campaign achieve in terms of increased sales?
How did your campaign expose the book to new audiences?
Entering the competition is an exciting way to demonstrate your expertise and attract attention to your company's books. You can make a splash for one of your upcoming titles that deserves to be widely-promoted if you win the £3000 ad spend.
(We'll also give one free ticket for whoever you choose to present your campaign at the conference.)
How to enter?
Entering the competition is simple.
1. Select which campaign(s) you would like to enter and make a 90 second video explaining exactly why this campaign should win. Please make sure that include you campaign budget within this video. You can also include a 300-word accompanying document but this is not compulsory.
2. Upload your video to Youtube, Vimeo, Dropbox or similar and send a the link to email@example.com with the subject line 'The Bookseller Children's Marketing & Publicity Competition'.
If your video is password protected, please provide details of this within the submission email.
Any questions or issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
- The prize is a £3,000 ad spend in The Bookseller. No cash alternative will be given. The £3000 is to be used in the year Sept 17-Sept 18 and agreed with Emma Lowe, head of publisher relations at The Bookseller.
- Entry is limited to attendees of The Bookseller Children’s Conference 2017. The winner agrees that their entry be shown at the conference and agrees to be briefly interviewed on stage. One free ticket will be given to the winner.
- Campaign must have been in the year 1st Sept 16 to 31st July 17.
- The campaign must have cost the company no more than £2000.
- Submission must be in the form of a video which lasts no more than 90 secs and can be supported by a written piece of max 300 words, although this is optional. The campaign budget must be included within the video. Please note that the quality of video will not affect the chances of winning and videos recorded on a phone are okay as long as the audio is clear and intelligible.
- Please ensure that the video is hosted on youtube, vimeo, dropbox or similar and include the link on the email when sending.
- Entries must be sent to Emma Lowe, head of publisher relations at The Bookseller at email@example.com.
- Deadline 1st September. Winner will be notified by 15/09/2017.
- Unlimited entries, not limited to one entry per company or imprint
- Winning entries will be shown on the day of the conference. By entering you agree to your entry/elements of your being shown on the day and possibly being shared on Bookseller social media channels.