The British Book Awards 2020, or Nibbies, represent the best of the book trade - the UK’s leading creative industry.
First launched in 1990 and now run by The Bookseller, the British Book Awards and its sister awards schemes – The British Book Award for Export and Library of the Year – seek to showcase and celebrate the best books, the best bookshops and the best publishers.
The Nibbies are unique in recognising that a book’s success is not down to just one factor. It is the author’s creative genius, it is the publisher’s skill and support and it is the bookshop’s championing. The Nibbies’ Books of the Year are unapologetically about success but not ‘just’ who is top of the bestseller lists.
We want to find the best independent bookshops from rural Wales to inner-city London. We celebrate the small presses that are such a vital part of the publishing ecosystem. We champion the best illustrators.
Then on 18th May 2020, we celebrate all the shortlists and winners at the book trade’s biggest night of the year.
You can find all the individual awards and their entry criteria by following the links below. Good luck!
Books, Authors & Illustrators
- Book of the Year Awards
- Book of the Year - Audiobook
- Book of the Year - Children's: Fiction
- Book of the Year - Children's: Illustrated & Non-Fiction
- Book of the Year - Fiction
- Book of the Year - Fiction: Crime & Thriller
- Book of the Year - Fiction: Début
- Book of the Year - Non-fiction: Lifestyle
- Book of the Year - Non-fiction: Narrative
- Author of the Year
- Illustrator of the Year
Bookshops, Publishers & Agents
- Academic, Educational & Professional Publisher of the Year
- Book Retailer of the Year
- Children's Bookseller of the Year
- Children's Publisher of the Year
- Editor of the Year
- Imprint of the Year
- Independent Bookshop of the Year
- Independent Publisher of the Year
- Literary Agent of the Year
- Marketing Strategy of the Year
- Publicity Campaign of the Year
- Publisher of the Year
- Rights Professional of the Year
- Small Press of the Year
Take a Look at the Awards Night