A cookie is a small file which recognises when you visit the site. Cookies do NOT give us access to your computer or to personal data.
As an example, a cookie is used to remember who you are when you are browsing round the site and to remember you when you come back on later visits without having to log in again. This makes your experience of thebookseller.com smoother and easier.
This site runs Google Analytics for anonymised visitor activity tracking purposes. Cookies allow us to monitor which pages are visited most frequently and which content is shared to help us ensure our content is relevant and engaging.
Your browser probably accepts cookies by default but if you prefer you can change your browser settings to decline cookies. This may however spoil your experience of thebookseller.com .
(1) The Bookseller uses all reasonable precautions to keep the personal information disclosed to it secure.
(2) The Bookseller will use your contact details to contact you regarding the product and/or services you have requested and other products and services from our parent company, The Bookseller Group. This includes email newsletters, competition entries, subscription information, renewal notifications, surveys on improving our service to you, and/or invitations to our conferences and events.
(3) The Bookseller offers you the chance to opt in to receive occasional marketing information from other carefully selected organisations by post, email, telephone and/or SMS. We will only use your details for this purpose if you opt in. The Bookseller takes all measures possible to ensure that the contact you receive will be from reputable organisations but cannot accept any responsibility for use of the data once it has been passed on.
(4) The Bookseller does not disclose information about identifiable individuals to advertisers. Aggregate statistical information gathered from registration forms may be passed on to advertisers or others regarding sales or website usage. At no point will this include personal identifying information.
(5) At all times a recipient of a Bookseller product and/or service will have the opportunity to amend their contact details. Simply log in to your account and visit My Profile to make the required changes. To opt out of any of the newsletter options, please use the unsubscribe link to be found on every newsletter we send. Alternatively contact Customer Service [email@example.com]
(6) You have the right to be told what personal information we hold about you on our databases. You should write to Anna Martin, The Bookseller, Crowne House, 56-58 Southwark Street, London SE1 1UN. In your letter you must state your full name, your address, and your email address(es) plus all publications and/or services from The Bookseller to which you know you subscribe. A small administration charge of £10.00 will be made for fulfilling this request.
(7) The Bookseller may make anonymous use of information to help diagnose faults, manage the system and gather broad demographic information about our users in general. This information will be stripped of all details that could identify you personally. For example, we may use IP addresses to help fix performance problems with our server.
(8) The Bookseller is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of third-party websites linked to this site.
(9) When you request a page from the site's web server, the server automatically collects some information about your system, including your IP address. Thebookseller.com collects the minimum information necessary to make the service work - this information is essential to send the pages back across the Internet to the right computer.
(10) The Bookseller uses Google Analytics to analyse traffic to our websites. Google Analytics does not create individual profiles for visitors. You can learn more about Google Analytics here.
(11) The Bookseller may change this policy at any time without notice.