Tartt wins Pulitzer
Donna Tartt has won the 201...
Ryan and Knausgaard on IMPAC shortlist
The shortlist for the 2014 ...
Malaysia's Fixi wins at International industry awards
Malaysia has scooped the to...
Cox, Dalladay, Hesketh, Ogden and Perry on Scott Walwyn shortlist
Melissa Cox, Lynsey Dallada...
Indie Foreign Fiction Prize shortlist
Portobello Books and Harvil...
Watson on CrimeFest Awards shortlist
26.04.12 | Katie Allen
S J Watson has received his second prize nod in a week, appearing on the shortlists for the Crimefest Awards 2012 just days after being longlisted for the Desmond Elliott prize.
Watson's debut Before I Go to Sleep is shortlisted in the best unabridged crime audiobook category alongside titles by Ben Aaronovitch, Michael Connolly, David Hewson and Anthony Horowitz.
The best abridged crime audiobook category includes titles by Lee Child and Alexander McCall Smith. Sponsored by Audible UK, the winning authors and audiobook readers share the £1,000 prizes.
Shortlisted authors for the £500 Goldsboro Last Laugh Award, for the best humorous crime novel published in 2011, include Colin Cotterill and ElmoreLeonard.
The £500 eDunnit Award for best crime fiction e-book has shortlisted seven titles including novels by George Pelecanos and Dennis Lehane.
The winners will be announced at the Crimefest Gala Dinner on 26th May.
The shortlists in full:
Best abridged crime audiobook
- Lee Child for The Affair, read by Kerry Shale (Random House Audiobooks)
- James Henry for First Frost, read by David Jason (Random House Audiobooks)
- Simon Kernick for The Payback, read by Daniel Weyman (Random House
- Donna Leon for Drawing Conclusions, read by Andrew Sachs (Random House
- Alexander McCall Smith for The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party read by
Adjoa Andoh (Hachette Digital)
Best Unabridged Crime Audiobook:
- Ben Aaronovitch for Rivers of London, read by Kobna Holdbrook-Smith (Orion
- Michael Connelly for The Fifth Witness, read by Peter Giles (Orion Audio)
- David Hewson for The Fallen Angel, read by Saul Reichlin (Whole Story
- Anthony Horowitz for The House of Silk, read by Derek Jacobi (Orion)
- S. J. Watson for Before I Go To Sleep, read by Susannah Harker (Random
House Audio with AudioGO)
Goldsboro Last Laugh Award
- Declan Burke for Absolute Zero Cool (Liberties Press)
- Colin Cotterill for Killed at the Whim of a Hat (Quercus)
- Chris Ewan for The Good Thief's Guide to Venice (Simon & Schuster)
- Christopher Fowler for Bryant & May and the Memory of Blood (Doubleday)
- Carl Hiaasen for Star Island (Sphere)
- Doug Johnstone for Smokeheads (Faber and Faber)
- Elmore Leonard for Djibouti (Weidenfeld & Nicolson)
- L.C. Tyler for Herring on the Nile (Macmillan)
- Linwood Barclay for The Accident (Orion)
- Thomas Enger for Burned (Faber and Faber)
- Dennis Lehane for Moonlight Mile (Little, Brown Book Group)
- Adrian Magson for Death on the Rive Nord (Allison & Busby)
- Denise Mina for The End of the Wasp Season (Orion)
- Steve Mosby for Black Flowers (Orion)
- George Pelecanos for The Cut (Orion)