The Old Vicarage
+44 (0)1827 373750Back
Closing date: 08/02/2013
Training Manager - Europe
Company: Morgan Healey Ltd
Salary Description: €60,000 Basic + Benefits
Location : Europe
Salary : €60,000 Basic + Benefits
Our client is a leading provider of technical information and integration to the corporate & academic sector. Due to continued growth they are looking to appoint a Training Manager to cover Europe.
• Develop and implement programs and events that build customer relationships and drive usage and awareness for user communities, including librarians, engineers, researchers, students and faculty
• Train librarians, end-users, regional sales staff and dealers in effective use of digital library and electronic information products through on-site visits, phone support, email support, and internet conferencing
• Work closely with European representatives and Area Manager to identify awareness, training and public relations opportunities
• Represent the company in Europe by organizing complex events, such as User Groups, university/industry outreach programs and various public speaking opportunities
• Support initiatives and information needs of Student Branches selected to participate in the University Partnership Program.
• Travel as needed, for conferences, customer visits, training and awareness events.
• Provide customer feedback on product content and functionality to be incorporated into the product development improvement process.
• Plan complex events with staff, members and volunteers
• Build society awareness and loyalty and support membership marketing as needed
• Participate in the creation of promotional and training materials for electronic information products, as needed
• Track customer comments and suggestions for digital library interface and other information products and report to the team regularly.
• Prepare weekly reports to document activity to client’s staff in U.S.
• Meet regularly with manager and Client Services team in U.S. via Internet conferencing.
Experience & Skills:
• Masters degree in Library/Information Sciences required.
• English fluency required.
• Five years experience in a university, corporate or government library strongly desired.
• Proven online search expertise
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time within local European territory with occasional trips to the US, as needed
• Knowledge of information industry and library trends, methods and technologies
• Excellent public speaking and interpersonal skills
• Excellent writing skills
• In-depth understanding of the sales process and current market for high-end electronic subscription products.
• Strong training experience required -- comfort with electronic information products and ability to demonstrate products one-on-one or for large audiences, both in-person and online, is critical
• Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
• Experience with scientific digital libraries strongly desired.
To apply click here: http://www.morganhealey.com/job_details.asp?job_urn=348
Or send an up to date CV to:
+44 (0)1827 373750
+44 (0)7809 726438
Experts in STM Publishing & Digital Content Recruitment