The Miles Building
2 Quy Court, Stow-Cum-Quy
+44 (0) 1223 813100Back
Closing date: 09/08/2012
Senior Development Editor – ELT – Cambridge
Salary Description: £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Leading ELT publisher seeks a confident and motivated Senior Development Editor to join their expanding team on a new exciting venture!
Senior Development Editor – ELT – Cambridge - £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits – 12216NT.
A new position has become available for an ambitious and flexible Senior Development Editor to join a highly regarded global ELT publisher. Our client is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and highly organised individual to help shape prototype material and manage the production of material through to publication.
You will report to a Commissioning Editor whilst holding the following responsibilities:
- Initiate and implement product specific market research.
- Manage piloting and reviewing of draft material and summarise feedback.
- Project manage or manage the outsourcing of project management.
- Monitor project progress and status to ensure regular and effective communication and smooth working relationships between team members, between departments and between authors/writers and staff.
- Coordinate the work of authors, writers and in-house and freelance editorial staff and development houses/packagers.
- Manage and motivate freelancers and authors.
- Brief internal and external suppliers.
- Work with Publisher, Managing Editor and authors to help develop and shape prototype material for field testing and review.
- Coach, motivate and support colleagues in editorial team.
- Work with Commissioning Editor and Publisher on project planning and development
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to be educated to degree standard and hold a CELTA qualification. Experience in an ELT editorial post, with some experience of the commissioning process and management of multi-component projects will also be necessary.
You will be rewarded with a very Competitive salary and benefits package along with the chance of joining a global publisher on a new exciting venture being able to make a real difference.
If you feel your skills meet the requirements of this position and you’d like to be considered for the role, apply today! Why not refer a friend for £250?* *terms and conditions apply. To be considered or to find out more please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01223 810325.
Neil Telfer – 01223 810325