3rd Floor Aldermary House
10-15 Queen St
 0845 389 2289Back
Closing date: 08/07/2012
Rights Manager (Located in Bingley)
Salary Description: Available upon request.
A leading publisher of global research with impact in business, society, public policy and education is looking to recruit a forward thinking, ambitious self starter to join their logistics team in the role of Rights Manager, to maximise revenues from rights management and sales and to ensure that copyright law and permission standards are appropriately applied. The Rights Manager also has line management responsibility for the rights assistant
- sale of foreign language rights, permission rights and the investigation of new licensing opportunities as well as negotiation of contract management of foreign language rights sales for the company’s content internationally
- ensure that targets are achieved and maximised and revenues are reported on as appropriate
- relationship management with existing rights-licensees and permission services
- monitor developments in copyright law and/ or publishing industry standards (ao STM agreement)
- contribute to the development of the company’s copyrights and permission policy
- train, advise and support colleagues re.: copyright assignment on all content, permissions clearance of third party content, plagiarism disputes and libel
If you are an experienced B2B sales/ new business professional with strong negotiation skills and excellent communication and negotiation skills, preferably with knowledge of copyright law and publishing industry standards, respond to this vacancy.