The Old Vicarage
+44 (0)1827 373750Back
Closing date: 28/10/2011
Regional Sales Manager - STM Products - London
Company: Morgan Healey Ltd
Location: London (Central)
Type: Business Development
Salary Description: £60k Basic OTE to £100k
Location : London
Salary : £60k Basic OTE to £100k
Our client, a leading global publisher and information provider, are looking to appoint a Regional Sales Manager to cover Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) based from their London office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all direct management of the sales team that consists of Key and Target Account Managers covering Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). They shall manage a team of account managers encompassing multiple EMEA regions and develop a 360° account management strategy to retain and grow the base business.
This is a team leadership position and the Regional Sales Manager will be expected through actions and execution of our go to market sales strategies to motivate and drive the members of their territory teams to achieve stretch targets by creating a ‘can do – will do’ attitude.
The successful candidate will be a highly capable manager who is able to demonstrate their abilities to assess and develop the skills and capabilities of the team whilst acting as a coach and mentor to ensure continuous growth.
The successful candidate will implement sales management systems and procedures to facilitate a management by measurement approach for the sales team and to allow accurate reporting of sales information. This will involve setting and monitoring individual sales activity targets, including monthly targets for new prospects as well as call quotas for existing customers.
The successful candidate will also contribute to the development of business models for selling new and existing products, by bringing the management team detailed customer & market knowledge. In addition it is expected that this candidate work very closely with the Director of Sales to identify desirable skill sets needed within the sales team to ensure the future success of the sales operation in EMEA.
The successful candidate will have the proven ability to understand and interpret sales figures and a thorough understanding of sales process. They will also have extensive sales experience and knowledge, having sold complex software solutions to ‘C level’ executives as well as end user constituencies.
The successful candidate must be prepared to have extensive customer contact and spend at least 45% of time visiting clients. This job requires the post holder to travel extensively to multiple locations in the EMEA region.
• Significant sales experience in the closing high-value software solutions within related industries is essential
• Proven sales management experience (incl. agent management)
• BA/BS or equivalent experience
• A proven and consistent track record of above target revenue growth
• The proven ability to motivate, coach & mentor in a sales environment
• The ability to deal with a wide range of customers - from end users to senior level customer contacts.
• Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
• Proven sophisticated negotiation skills
• There is a preference for an appropriate granular knowledge and understanding of the EMEA Academic and Government sectors, its needs, workflow and benefits derived from the provision of information solutions.
• Understanding of the IT infrastructure behind electronic information solutions, their architecture and capabilities is desirable
• Additional languages within the EU are advantageous
• Understanding of the global intellectual property market is highly desirable
• Strong organizational and administrative skills
• Fluency in French and or German with excellent English
• Any additional 3rd languages a plus.
To apply click here: http://www.morganhealey.com/job_details.asp?job_urn=153
Or send an up to date CV to:
+44 (0)1332 898248
+44 (0)7809 726438
Experts in STM Publishing & Digital Content Recruitment