The Old Vicarage
+44 (0)1827 373750Back
Closing date: 28/10/2011
Publisher - Secondary Mathematics - London - Excellent Salary
Company: Morgan Healey Ltd
Location: London (Central)
Salary Description: Excellent - On Application
Location : London
Salary : Excellent - On Application
Our client, a world leading educational publisher based in London, are looking to appoint a Mathematics Publisher.
Leading a team of key stakeholders, you will develop and implement the publishing strategy in Secondary Mathematics, in line with the Division’s growth and profitability targets.
You will contribute more widely to the Division’s activities, ‘owning’ the key Mathematics sector, but able to contribute to broader publishing discussions as a senior publisher within the team.
In summary, you’ll be the creative drive behind the businesses education’s solutions for mathematics teachers.
• To develop and agree publishing plans for Secondary Mathematics, so that they are well positioned for the future and able to deliver profitable long-term growth. The plans should form a coherent three-year strategy in the Mathematics market.
• Exploit group ‘assets’, such as Dynamic Learning, Results Builder and the Philip Allan imprint to provide Solutions for Mathematics teachers.
• Working with colleagues, to drive the creation of business cases required to support these plans.
• To create and agree realistic budgets and ensure that they are met so that the business meets its short- and medium-term financial targets
• To work effectively with authors, so that quality, market-focused materials are produced (print, digital and mixed media) and delivery deadlines and publishing schedules are met.
• To work constructively with Production, Design and Digital departments so that publishing schedules are met, and margin and stock levels maintained in line with budget requirements.
• To work constructively with Marketing and Sales teams to help build creative and effective campaigns, driving sales to meet budgeted targets.
• To maintain detailed market knowledge so that publishing plans are well informed, customer focused and positioned strongly against our competitors, creating growth over and above those competitors.
• Maintain and build influential relationships with key partners and potential partners in education.
• To manage the margin delivered by the Education Maths business through publishing, stock control, reprint planning etc.
• To represent the company effectively to the outside world so that it's is seen as a valuable partner in the Education market.
• Mathematics education: A-level, degree or teaching qualification.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Influencing skills (with senior educators and authors for example).
• Knowledge of UK education and educational markets.
• Excellent IT skills with the confidence and aptitude to develop these so as to be able to develop innovative and market-focused IT solutions to classroom problems.
• Customer focus and a ‘selling attitude’.
• Ability to prioritise workloads.
• Ability to self motivate and to motivate a busy team.
• Commercial and Strategic thinking.
To apply click here: http://www.morganhealey.com/job_details.asp?job_urn=144
Or send an up to date CV to:
+44 (0)1332 898248
+44 (0)7809 726438
Experts in STM Publishing & Digital Content Recruitment