Publisher, Geography (maternity cover)
A leading educational publisher based in Gloucestershireis looking for a Publisher to cover a 12 month maternity leave contract working on their Geography list. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience of publishing strategy and list management within a forward thinking, award winning educational publisher.
- Lead the development of future publishing strategy for designated subject areas for home and international markets
- Manage product development for frontlist and backlist for designated subject areas
- Lead commissioning editorial and project teams to ensure delivery of successful, commercial publishing programmes
- Contribute to the development and implementation of customer engagement plans, updates and reprints to maximise the portfolio revenue and contribution
- Sponsor, commission and oversee the development of new products and updates (print and electronic), from idea to publication
- Make frequent and regular visits to schools, ensuring up to date knowledge of teacher requirements
Experience / skills required:
- Proven experience in a product development/editorial role within schools educational book publishing
- Solid understanding of the UK schools market, ideally in the area of Geography, humanities or social science
- Good knowledge of print and electronic publishing processes
- A proactive and commercial approach and experience of devising publishing strategy
- Excellent communication skills and experience of liaising with authors and education professionals
- Strong project management skills and team leadership experience
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.