Production Editor, STM Journals, Central London
A global publisher of medical, nursing and health information based in Central London has a vacancy for a Production Editor to work on their Primary Journals.
Responsibilities will include:
- Publishing journal issues (print and electronic) on schedule and to budget
- Liaising with vendors as well as external editors and authors
- Maintaining and providing accurate work-in-progress information for planning and management purposes
- Attending major editorial board meetings and subject-specific conferences as required
- Provide regular feedback from daily contact with the market to other team members
The ideal candidate will have proven Journal production experience, ideally within STM Publishing and knowledge of typesetting and printing process would be an advantage as would experience of working with overseas prepress and print vendors. You will need good IT skills (i.e. MS Office) and you will be able to work to schedule, budget and at a high quality. With strong communication and organisation skills, the Production Editor will be skilled at multitasking and working to tight deadlines. In return our client offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to gain excellent experience with a renowned company.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills and salary expectations to Esme Richardson, email: email@example.com.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.