8 St. Thomas Street
London office: 0203 668 6733 Oxford Office: 01865 304 029Back
Closing date: 23/05/2012
Production Editor - STM Journals - Central London
Company: Inspired Selection
Location: London (Central)
Salary Description: Competitive Salary
Reference: ER 8871
The UK's most prestigious scientific body, publishing peer-reviewed scientific journals is now seeking an experienced Production Editor to join their team in order to expand and develop their journals operation.
The Production Editor is responsible for the production of journals content, both for online and print following acceptance. Key tasks include:
- Project management of journal content production from final copy to online and print publications
- Coordination of authors and contractors to meet strict publication deadlines for both print and online publications
- Quality control all published material, ensure scientific consistency and maintain house style
- Liaise directly with authors, advising them on any changes to publications prior to production
- Have proven experience in an STM publishing environment
- Degree or equivalent in a science related subject
- Proven ability in copy-editing/proof-reading
- Possess excellent project-management skills
- Experience in mark-up languages and web technology such as XML/HTML
The successful candidate will have a strong eye for detail with the ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally. Any experience in electronic publishing processes and online publishing issues would be a distinct advantage.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic candidate to join a growing team and make an impact on the development of these STM journals.
To apply for the role please send a CV, covering letter and details of salary expectations to Esme Richardson at Inspired Selection publishing recruitment agency by email: email@example.com. CVs asap please, early applications may be prioritised.