8 St. Thomas Street
London office: 0203 668 6733 Oxford Office: 01865 304 029Back
Closing date: 19/09/2012
Production Editor, STM Journals, 9 month contract
Company: Inspired Selection
Location: London (Central)
Salary Description: Competitive + Benefits
Reference: ER 9126
Production Editor - (Temporary cover: 9 months)
Our client is a leading international publisher of journals, books and electronic media for the academic, professional and educational market based in Central London. They are now seeking an experienced Production Editor for a 9 month contract to work on their leading academic journals list.
- Takes responsibility for the publication of journals by the planned issue date and to the contracted length.
- Responsibility for the quality of work carried out by freelancers (mostly project managers, copy-editors and proof-readers).
- Provides support services to the academic editor(s), board members and contributors
- Keeps the Group Editor, the Commissioning Editor and the Marketing Manager informed of any important developments or problems with the journals, and liaises with other departments as required.
- Experience of editorial production in journals is preferred and you should be able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience of copyediting and proofreading, liaising with freelance suppliers and good time management is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have relevant editorial production experience, excellent administrative skills, an eye for detail and basic word processing and Excel skills, as well as a good understanding of typesetting, printing and design.
Closing date for applications: 19th September 2012
To apply for the role please send a CV, covering letter and details of salary expectations to Esme Richardson at Inspired Selection publishing recruitment agency by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs asap please, early applications may be prioritised.