Production Editor - Journals (maternity cover)
Our client, a renowned global academic publisher, is searching for a motivated and experienced Production Editor to work in their expanding Journals department.
Production Editor – Journals– London - £Competitive Package – ref: 12289NT
Are you an experienced and talented Production Editor looking for your next step in publishing?
Our client is looking for a successful and skilled Production Editor to expand and develop their Journals portfolio for a 9 month maternity cover contract.
As Production Editor, the key day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Taking responsibility for the publication of journals to the contracted length.
- Sharing responsibility for the costs and cost-effectiveness of editorial and origination work, including participation in annual budgets and monitoring journal costs.
- Responsibility for (and appraisal of) the quality of work carried out by freelancers (mostly project managers, copy-editors and proof-readers).
- Providing support services to the academic editor(s), board members and contributors.
- Liaising with other department and maintaining key relationships with the Group and Commissioning Editor and Marketing Manager.
The successful candidate for this role will have proven experience of academic production or editorial work within journals or books.
You will need to have competent copyediting and proofreading skills, as well as a good understanding of typesetting, printing and design.
Excellent written and verbal communication and administration skills are a must.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package along with the chance of joining a global innovative publisher to make a real difference in the industry whilst advancing your career.
If you feel your skills meet the requirements of this position and you’d like to be considered for the role, apply today!
Why not refer a friend for £250?*
*terms and conditions apply
Greenhill is a Sales, Marketing and Publishing recruitment specialist who operate within East Anglia and internationally.
If we do not contact you within one week of your application, unfortunately we are not able to assist you in your search for employment at the present time.
Greenhill only advertise a small proportion of sales, marketing & publishing roles on this site. Please take a look at our website or contact us, in confidence, to discuss other opportunities with our experienced sales & marketing consultants.