20 New Wharf Road
Closing date: 21/11/2012
Press Officer/Senior Press Officer
Company: Pan Macmillan
Location: London (Central)
Salary Description: Competitive Salary
Pan Macmillan is looking for a skilled, self-motivated and highly organised Press Officer to organise and execute fully integrated PR campaigns across our commercial fiction lists including a focus on Tor, our Science Fiction and Fantasy imprint.
The position will involve –
- The delivery of fully integrated offline/online individual title campaigns which drive the profile and sales of our authors, books and brands.
- Organising frequent and diverse well-attended events and publicity tours.
- Managing and producing content for social media platforms and maximising and measuring the impact of these platforms.
- Growing existing platforms including Facebook, twitter, pinterest and google plus - and exploring and engaging with new platforms.
- Developing relationships with key contacts in the media at bookshops, events organisers, conventions & festivals.
This is a key role within our organisation and as such we are looking for someone who has experience as a Press Officer preferably within the Publishing industry or another media business. You will need to have a strong understanding of the commercial fiction market and in particular be able to demonstrate the ability to tap into defined communities including the science fiction and fantasy community to engage with fans and readers. You must be able to work autonomously and be good at prioritising work under pressure. It is also vital that you are familiar with both digital and traditional PR methods.
This role is based in our London office.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter confirming your current salary and quoting reference PAN/020/12 via our online recruitment site: http://jobs.macmillan.com
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for the vacancy.