Open Access/ Business Development Editor - London
Location : London
Salary : Excellent Salary - On Application
Our client, a world leading academic publisher is searching for a bright and ambitious Business Development Editor who could help launch, maintain and champion their Open Access projects.
The ideal candidate will have solid traditional journal publishing experience, plus a deep insight/ direct experience in OA publishing. They will have good strategic awareness, commercial acumen and excellent relationship management skills. They will be fully up to date with the changes in scholarly publishing, especially as it pertains to OA publishing, and willing and able to talk with both internal and external parties (and to present) on topics pertinent to these debates.
Ideally, the candidate will have excellent networks in medicine; in addition, an understanding of the physical science market would be an advantage.
The candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in biomedicine, or science, technology or other related subject
• Good knowledge of the clinical medical field
• Experience in STM journal publishing preferable with experience of open access publishing
• Track record of managing and developing a portfolio of journals.
• Experience of acquiring / launching journals
• Excellent communication and influencing skills
• Willingness to travel extensively
• Highly motivated and have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
To apply click here: http://www.morganhealey.com/job_details.asp?job_urn=258
Or send an up to date CV to:
+44 (0)1827 373750
+44 (0)7809 726438
Experts in STM Publishing & Digital Content Recruitment