77-85 Fulham Palace Road
 020 8741 7070Back
Closing date: 11/11/2012
Marketing Executive – Collins Language and Collins Geo
Location: London (Central)
Salary Description: Competitive Salary
Fixed Term to Cover Maternity Leave
An opportunity to work with the core brand of HarperCollins UK’s Publishing heritage. Collins Language and Geo publish flagship titles including Collins English Dictionary and Collins World Atlases. HarperCollins UK is the fourth largest consumer publisher in the UK, number one in digital, and part of a Global business within HarperCollins Worldwide and News Corp.
Purpose of the Role
To implement marketing campaigns into the Education sector for the Collins Language and Geo leading dictionaries and atlases list, ensuring that they meet specified sales targets. As key point of contact, this role runs systems between Collins Language, Collins Geo and the Collins Education division to facilitate communication and to share learnings. To provide support to the Head of Marketing with trade and consumer marketing to ensure the divisions’ diverse product mix is effectively marketed to the trade, consumers and the education sector.
· Produce marketing materials that deliver messages with accuracy and flair, targeting appropriate audiences.
· Support the Sales Department selling to trade accounts with marketing plan presentations and point of sale.
· Co-ordinate publicity tasks including author talks, tours and presence at conferences and exhibitions. Send review copies to key influencers and recommenders.
· Put the customer at the heart of all marketing activity, be it consumer or retailer, using insight where available.
· Raise purchase orders and maintain budget records
· Implement direct mail marketing plans into Primary and Secondary Schools for the two editions of the English, Modern Foreign Languages and Geo lists to achieve Sales targets of circa £450k, on time and to budget.
· Measure and evaluate each campaign against monthly sales targets, ensuring learnings are shared with the wider business and we use the findings to refine future activity.
· Communicate planned activity in advance to stakeholders across the division to ensure that reps, editors and customer services buy into it and can properly support it.
· Cultivate good relationships with Collins Language, Geo and Education divisions, wider departments and third parties to ensure marketing campaigns benefit from expert product knowledge and are delivered to high standards of accuracy, appearance and content.
· Ensure trends within the Education sector are communicated to stakeholders and opportunities for cross-promotion with Education campaigns are optimised across the marketing mix, including digital and exhibitions, and across UK and International markets.
· Reassess and fine tune F14 strategy documents in conjunction with stakeholders to ensure that they’re fit for purpose in June 2013.
· Ensure that the information and metadata on www.collinseducation.com for Collins Language and Geo’s lists are accurate, well-presented and up-to-date.
· Ability to work collaboratively, proactively and independently
· Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
· Commercially astute
· Creative, and able to produce persuasive copy to suit the Education market
· Good negotiation and relationship-building skills
· A team player with strong communication and people skills
· Strong organisational skills with experience of managing multiple projects successfully with multiple stakeholders
· Marketing background, ideally with Education marketing experience
· Ideally, experience of PR, trade and direct mail marketing
· Experience of working with multiple stakeholders
· Proven track record to deliver great creative work and copy-writing with proven ROI, on time and to budget
· Collaborative and flexible approach
· Driven by achievement
· Positive outlook, with a sense of humour
Interested applicants should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org providing their CV, a covering letter detailing their suitability, current salary and salary expectations.
The closing date is Sunday 11th November 2012