3rd Floor Aldermary House
10-15 Queen St
 0845 389 2289Back
Closing date: 21/09/2012
Managing Editor -Journals
Salary Description: On Application
A leading international academic publisher based in the Oxford area is looking for an ambitious and motivated Managing Editor to drive the future development and expansion of its fast-growing list of computer science journals.
The Managing Editor will manage a prestigious list of titles in computer science and related fields, building relationships with academic editors and learned society contacts as well as realising opportunities for growth through organic development and acquisitions. This is a varied and challenging role, including frequent international travel.
The role will be responsible for:
• the editorial and financial performance of the journal list
• building a network of contacts and developing strategic plans to enhance the company`s position in the field
• ensuring existing contracts are renewed and new contract opportunities are identified
• working seamlessly with colleagues in Marketing, Production and other departments
• chairing and presenting at editorial board meetings
• preparing financial projections
• attending conferences
• dealing with telephone calls, correspondence and routine enquiries.
This is a strategic role within the team and a great opportunity to grow the portfolio. Therefore, the successful candidate will ideally be educated to degree level or equivalent, have experience in a journals or books publishing role at Managing/Acquisitions Editor, Development Editor or Publisher level; able to demonstrate excellent initiative and be comfortable working independently. It is not necessary to have experience in the list subject, but an interest is desirable. Applicants will need to be ambitious, focused and goal-driven; show commercial acumen, be flexible and have the ability to meet deadlines and your own targets. Strong communication and presentation skills are essential, as is knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Please forward an up to date CV with a short covering letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role in the first instance.
0845 389 2289