3rd Floor Aldermary House
10-15 Queen St
 0845 389 2289Back
Closing date: 04/03/2013
Library Marketing Manager
Salary Description: Competitive Salary
Do you live and breathe marketing? Are you an outstanding communicator? Do you have a passion for knowledge? If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, then perhaps you may have found your next role!
A leading international publisher of academic books and journals is currently recruiting for the role of Library Marketing Manager within the Journals Division.As Library Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for managing a small team of staff, of which one is based in a regional office. You'll be working within a lively and enthusiastic marketing team, reporting into the Head of Library Marketing and Communications. A primary element of this role will involve working with colleagues from the international offices and an element of travel will be required.
The role will involve:
• Leading the planning and execution of marketing activity on designated territories, and ensuring that objectives and targets are agreed and well communicated across all relevant functions
• Liaising with colleagues in the sales and editorial management group as a primary contact for the Library Marketing Team
• Managing designated operational tasks and deputising for the Head of Library Marketing and Communications as required
• Managing and supporting team members and ensuring that overall strategies and plans are understood and adhered to
• Evaluating performance and processes in the team, and making recommendations for action or change to senior managers accordingly
• Representing the business both internally and externally, particularly with key clients, and fostering relationships that contribute to the overall success of the company
• Prioritising marketing effort appropriately and monitoring and reporting on results
• Seeking and representing the views of the library community in designated projects that inform the development of platforms, product and pricing.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of managing staff
-Relevant demonstrable marketing experience within academic publishing (ideally)
- A professional marketing qualification (CIM or equivalent)
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills
- An interest in scholarly publishing or information science
- A creative, flexible and positive attitude to work!
Please forward an up to date CV in the first instance, together with your salary expectations.
0845 389 2289