Journals Area Sales Manager Executive (DOE)
The Journals Division of Taylor & Francis Group, a leading academic publisher, is pleased to advise it has an excellent opportunity for a Journals Area Sales Manager/ Executive to join its global sales team.
Based in our Milton Park offices, and reporting to the EMEA Journal Sales Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development, management and direction of sales of electronic resources (including ejournals, ebooks, A&I databases and online archives) in libraries throughout Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Greece and Turkey.
Ideally you should have a proven sales experience in the serials library market and experience of academic publishing.
As a Sales Manager/Executive your responsibilities will be:
• To implement a strategy that identifies opportunity for growth in the territory.
• To approach and promote online sales models to library customers.
• Attend library meetings and conferences.
• Successfully negotiate and agree sales proposals in line with the global journals sales strategy.
• Achieve volume year revenue targets.
• Maintain and develop relationships with key customers.
• Produce regular reports on sales activity and development opportunities.
• Excellent negotiation, presentation and communication skills.
• Results and people orientated, balanced with sound business consideration.
• Well organised and resourceful.
• Superior interpersonal skills.
• Sound judgement.
• Team player.
This position is based at our offices in Milton Park, Abingdon and reports to the EMEA Journals Sales Manager.
(NB: Area Sales Manager- will be responsible for managing 1 direct report – a Sales Support Coordinator)