The Old Vicarage
+44 (0)1827 373750Back
Closing date: 24/08/2012
Head of Sales EMEA
Company: Morgan Healey Ltd
Location: London (Central)
Type: Business Development
Salary Description: £50,000 Basic + Bonus
Our client, a leading STM publisher, is looking to appoint a Head of Sales EMEA to manage and grow sales of books, journals, & digital resources throughout the territory, specifically UK and continental Europe, Middle East and Africa.
• Development of a strategy to increase sales via business models and sales tactics throughout the territory.
• Providing excellent account management, including holding responsibility for site license sales, responsibility for prospecting, proposals and customer renewal, via training and retention management.
• To oversee all aspects of telesales including lead generation and follow ups.
• To oversee participation at trade shows and other industry related events and to attend professional meetings as appropriate.
• To act as the primary EMEA liaison with vendors and resellers, and to identify and develop new business partnerships.
• To assist in the development and implementation of the annual Sales & Marketing Plan for the publishing portfolio of products, in conjunction with the Head of Marketing.
• To contribute and input to the annual business plans and budget processes in conjunction with the Heads of Academic & Practitioner Publishing, including sales targets and sales compensation plans for staff.
• To develop and maintain internal and external communications networks and develop processes for close collaboration with Heads of Sales in Americas and AsiaPac.
• Significant (or proven) senior management experience.
• Significant sales experience in closing high value subscription and consortia sales.
• To have the ability and confidence to lead and motivate a team in a customer-focussed environment.
• To have good budget management and business planning experience, and demonstrate attention to detail.
• To be able to organise, prioritise and delegate to teams.
• To have excellent communication, interpersonal skills and to be confident in dealing with people at all levels.
• To have experience of dealing with a range of international customers and to be able to manage and develop customer relationships, along with having a full understanding of the sales process within a cultural and market-specific context.
• To have good project management and report writing skills, along with good marketing awareness.
• To be able to work autonomously and make decisions.
• To have good analytical sales forecasting skills.
• To have robust experience in sales pipeline management and reporting from CRM systems (eg SalesForce etc)
• To have a good understanding of professional information provision and the issues surrounding STEM publishing.
• Full UK Driving License
• Willing to travel across the territory
• To be well presented.
To apply click here: http://www.morganhealey.com/job_details.asp?job_urn=273
Or send an up to date CV to:
+44 (0)1827 373750
+44 (0)7809 726438
Experts in STM Publishing & Digital Content Recruitment