The Old Vicarage
+44 (0)1827 373750Back
Closing date: 01/06/2012
Head of Publishing - IOP Partner Journals
Company: Morgan Healey Ltd
Salary Description: Excellent - On Application
Location : Bristol
Salary : Excellent - On Application
Morgan Healey are retained consultants for this assignment.
IOP are looking for an experienced professional to lead their teams providing editorial content on a portfolio of Partner Journals.
IOP publishes a range of journals, websites and magazines including Physics World, the membership title of the Institute of Physics. More than 60 journals reflect the growth and interdisciplinary nature of scientific research and application, from topics as varied as astronomy, mathematics, the biosciences and, of course, physics.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Editorial Director, we need to find someone with the skill set to:
• Lead, inspire and develop diverse teams to develop and deliver the editorial business plans of our publishing partners in context of the overall strategic aims for IOP Publishing
• Use strategic thinking and extensive industry knowledge to deliver growth of a portfolio of journals and services in a changing environment.
• Establish and nurture relationships with stakeholders and partners in an international arena, where interpersonal skills and sensitivity to cultural and political issues is vital;
• Act as an agent for change to ensure product evolution
• Be able to work both independently and effectively within a core senior management team to drive the company forward
• Be able to understand publishing contracts and be able to negotiate and find solutions quickly
• Be comfortable balancing requirements for many different stakeholders and clearly communicating these requirements and any restrictions
Accustomed to working with Board level Directors and senior managers, you will have a proven track record in STM Journals Publishing.
As the Head of Publishing – Partner Journals, you need experience of managing a portfolio of journals operating successfully under different business models and working with a wide range of partner organisations with different objectives and needs.
Your excellent influencing skills, cultural awareness, combined with your strong business acumen and proven experience of motivating and leading teams, will ensure you are able to grow our services to our publishing partners, oversee the management of our Partner journals and identify new opportunities.
Closing date: Friday 1st of June 2012
To apply click here: http://www.morganhealey.com/job_details.asp?job_urn=244
Or send an up to date CV to:
+44 (0)1827 373750
+44 (0)7809 726438
Experts in STM Publishing & Digital Content Recruitment