The Old Vicarage
+44 (0)1827 373750Back
Closing date: 27/01/2012
Head of Production Operations - Cambridge
Company: Morgan Healey Ltd
Salary Description: £60-80k Basic, Depending on Experience
Location : Cambridge
Salary : Up to £80k Basic
A fantastic opportunity has become available with a highly regarded STM Publisher based in Cambridge.
Our client is looking to appoint an experienced Head of Production Operations who will be responsible for establishing and managing all journal production processes (from editorial acceptance through to online publication in multiple formats), and for maintaining the highest technical standards in the published output of content.
• Establish, manage, and continuously improve a leading-edge, robust, high-quality and cost-effective production workflow.
• Oversee and report on all aspects of the production process, to ensure that targets for customer service and quality are being met and revised as necessary.
• Manage key vendor relations and develop new relationships as necessary (e.g. outsourced typesetters, journal management system)
• Ensure timely and accurate delivery of journal content/metadata to third-party indexers and related services (e.g. PubMed Central, CrossRef).
• In collaboration with marketing and editorial, ensure content is optimized for search engines and web discovery.
• Participation in the strategic long-term planning for the new project as a whole, drive innovation, and identify potential for collaboration and partnerships with like-minded organizations
Experience and attributes:
The post-holder will need to be flexible, enthusiastic. a creative problem-solver and a great team player: In addition the candidate should have:
• Substantial relevant experience within production aspects of STM journals publishing – with particular emphasis on delivering all forms of content in an online environment
• Wide technical knowledge of online publishing approaches, tools and services – including text, graphics, rich media and mobile web.
• Excellent communication, relationship-building and project management skills
• Successful management of external vendor relations
• Several years experience of successful staff management
• Passionate about the potential for digital media to transform scientific and medical research communication
This is a new and very exciting opportunity, if you are potentially interested please contact James Douglas for more information.
To apply click here: http://www.morganhealey.com/job_details.asp?job_urn=189
Or send an up to date CV to:
+44 (0)1332 898248
+44 (0)7809 726438
Experts in STM Publishing & Digital Content Recruitment