The Old Vicarage
+44 (0)1827 373750Back
Closing date: 17/08/2012
Head of eBooks - STM Publishing
Company: Morgan Healey Ltd
Salary Description: £45,000 - £50,000 Basic + Bonus + Benefits
Location : Bristol
Salary : £45,000 - £50,000 Basic + Bonus + Benefits
Morgan Healey are retained consultants for this assignment.
Our client, a leading STM Publisher is searching for an experienced Head of eBooks who will be responsible for developing an exciting new eBooks programme.
To contribute to the growth and diversification of the product portfolio through management of the ebooks and conferences programs. This includes working with the commercial team on the launch of the initial ebooks program and continued management & development of the existing conferences series. The role will involve direct commissioning of high-quality content for the books and conference series program alongside management of a team of 2-4 Commissioning Editors and 2 Conference Coordinators. The role has overall responsibility for delivering the volume of content required to meet the business plan whilst maintaining the quality of content in-line with the standards set by the Journals division.
The role is to manage the commissioning of content for the ebooks program and develop and grow the existing conference series program. This will involve commissioning of new content, addition of book series in the subject areas of coverage and managing the existing conference team.
Initially the post-holder will have a direct report of 3 growing to 6 over a 2-3 year period in line with growth of the program. The role has a strong international dimension and relates particularly closely to publishing development in established markets such as North America and Europe but also in developing markets such as Asia or Latin America. As a result, the role-holder must be able to engage a team based globally.
The post-holder will manage the annual budget for both areas and will work with the Commercial Team to ensure the revenue targets in the business plan are achieved. This will also involve significant interdepartmental communication to ensure maximum engagement with the journals division to realize synergies between the two departments.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• First (BSc or BA) or second degree (PhD or MSc) in Physics or Material Science.
• Extensive editorial experience in STM books publishing including the ability to manage Commissioning staff.
• Thorough grasp of subject. Must be aware of hot topics and have connections with key people in diverse areas.
• Outstanding communication and networking skills to work effectively with authors, editors, reviewers, commercial team and journal editorial division.
• Willingness to travel: regular travel will include conferences, seminars and academic departments in the UK, mainland Europe, USA and other key countries as defined by the strategy
• Good organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
To apply click here: http://www.morganhealey.com/job_details.asp?job_urn=266
Or send an up to date CV to:
+44 (0)1827 373750
+44 (0)7809 726438
Experts in STM Publishing & Digital Content Recruitment