The Old Vicarage
+44 (0)1827 373750Back
Closing date: 29/02/2012
Features Editor - Open Access Journal - Based Cambridge
Company: Morgan Healey Ltd
Salary Description: Highly Attractive! - On Application
Location : Cambridge
Salary : Highly Attractive! - On Application
A fantastic opportunity has become available with a new Open Access publisher based in Cambridge.
Reporting to the Managing Executive Editor, the Features Editor will be a member of the senior team and will have overall responsibility for adding value to the research content of the journal with a view to extending the reach, accessibility and impact of the content to a broad constituency of readers.
• Devise and execute innovative approaches for adding value to research content, through the use of rich media and the commissioning of additional material from researchers and other relevant parties.
• Coordination of all non-research article content.
• Working with freelance writers to produce accessible summaries of research content
• Contribute to the setting of editorial policy and practices for the journal
• Develop models for the reuse and sharing of open content and technologies
• Regular communication and collaboration with the editorial board
• Promotion of new research through the creation of engaging press releases and multimedia content
• Participation in the strategic long-term planning for the new project as a whole
Experience and attributes:
The post-holder will need to be flexible, enthusiastic, a creative problem-solver and a great team player. In addition the ideal candidate should have:
• Extensive editorial experience in science communication, working on secondary content such as features, commentary, editorials etc.
• Outstanding communication skills (both written and oral)
• Strong experience in, and understanding of, the use of social media tools and approaches
• Successful management experience with external writers and illustrators
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Relevant work experience with the academic research community
• A passion for scientific and medical research communication
To apply click here: http://www.morganhealey.com/job_details.asp?job_urn=210
Or send an up to date CV to:
+44 (0)1332 898248
+44 (0)7809 726438
Experts in STM Publishing & Digital Content Recruitment