The Miles Building
2 Quy Court, Stow-Cum-Quy
+44 (0) 1223 813100Back
Closing date: 04/06/2012
Editorial Director - STM
Salary Description: £Six Figure Package + Strong Benefits
Prestigious STM publisher seeks an engaging and inspiring Editorial Director to head up their editorial activities!
Editorial Director – STM Publishing – Cambridge - £Six Figure Package + Strong Benefits – 12166NT
Are you looking to work for a leading and prestigious publisher? Are you an experienced publisher with proven experience in developing editorial strategies? If so then look no further than this fantastic Editorial Director position.
The main focus of the Editorial Director will be to strategically manage editorial activities and business development. Some of the key responsibilities will be:
• To develop and implement strategic plans for existing products and for new product acquisition and development.
• To lead and motivate staff, to create and maintain a culture of continuous, incremental improvement
• To direct the activities of editorial staff and scientific editors, and coordinate their efforts with sales, marketing, production and distribution functions
• To initiate, direct and oversee implementation of agreed new business development strategies
• To encourage and support innovative developments which satisfy the needs of the scientific community
• To have ultimate budgetary responsibility for the functions reporting into the editorial department, ensuring that all budget targets are met or improved upon.
• To ensure portfolio and activities are run efficiently and economically
• To accurately define department’s annual and forecast budgets
• To develop policy with respect to the publication of research and related information in the chemical sciences.
• To positively collaborate with all other parts of the organisation, to ensure editorial developments and activities support the common goals of the company
To be considered for this Editorial Director position you will have a broad knowledge of all aspects of STM publishing including journals and ideally but not essentially magazines, books and data / database products, and the associated technologies and strategies. The ideal candidate will be an experienced people manager and possess strong leadership skills.
You will also be Educated to degree level, preferably but not essentially in a subject related to chemical science and have demonstrable experience of all key business, technical and market developments that impact on STM publishing.
Our client is a forward thinking, expanding, successful company who reward their staff with excellent benefits and career progression as well as a supportive working environment.
You will be rewarded with an attractive six figure salary package + strong benefits.
If you feel your skills meet the requirements of this position and you’d like to be considered for the role, apply today!
Why not refer a friend for £250?*
*terms and conditions apply
To be considered or to find out more please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01223 810325.
Neil Telfer - 01223 810325.