Editorial Director (STM) - Six Figure Package
Location : Cambridge
Salary : Excellent Six Figure Package
Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client, a leading STM society publisher is looking to appoint an engaging and inspiring Editorial Director.
Your primary responsibility will be to lead growth in market share, quality, reputation, usage and financial performance for the company’s Publishing Portfolio. You will develop and implement their progressive strategy in order to build upon the successes of recent years, including substantial growth in output of journal articles, a growing books portfolio as well as highly successful magazines and data products. With a focus on maintaining high standards of customer service and quality control, they have a highly professional team who deliver exceptional service to the chemical science community.
Your challenge will be to take the publishing portfolio to the next level, and ensure that the client is seen as the leading international publisher for the chemical sciences. You will have a team of approximately 60 staff as well as responsibility for c.100 Associate Editors. In this role you will join the the company's leadership team, and have the opportunity to shape the strategy across the organisation.
Essential Skills and qualifications:
• Significant experience as a Publisher or in a senior publishing role is essential. You will have proven experience in developing editorial strategies and applying them successfully in developing commercially successful editorial programmes.
• Experienced people manager, with strong leadership skills and evidence of driving a culture of continuous improvement and significant change management experience.
• Broad knowledge, covering all aspects of STM publishing including journals, magazines, books and data / database products, and the associated technologies and strategies.
• A full appreciation and understanding of international and external influences, as they apply to scientific publishing, is important. You will need to be well informed on, and have demonstrable experience of all key business, technical and market developments that impact on STM publishing, the company's publishing business and the organisation as a whole.
• Educated to degree level, and potentially PhD level, preferably in a subject related to chemical science.
To apply click here: http://www.morganhealey.com/job_details.asp?job_urn=237
Or send an up to date CV to:
+44 (0)1827 373750
+44 (0)7809 726438
Experts in STM Publishing & Digital Content Recruitment