8 St. Thomas Street
London office: 0203 668 6733 Oxford Office: 01865 304 029Back
Closing date: 22/06/2012
Editorial Assistant, Pharmacy
Company: Inspired Selection
Location: London (Central)
Salary Description: Competitive Salary
Reference: ER 8853
Our client, a well respected scientific press based in central London, is looking to recruit an Editorial Assistant to support the editorial process through effective management of information systems and external relationships.
Your main duties would include:
- Obtain and manage necessary medical information for content creation of publications
- Coordinate the relationship with pharmaceutical companies and other external organisations
- To undertake routine checking, including proof reading, and cross-reference checks
- To assist with work on other projects and assist the Editors as required.
- Manage the use of the CMS system for publications
- Build effective working relationships
- Assist in the timely production of quality publications
- Note and appreciate changing market forces and how they affect the development of the publications
With good communication skills and a meticulous eye for detail the ideal candidate will be a team player with solid IT skills and a familiarity of searching scientific databases. A further education qualification in physical or life sciences or information sciences would be an advantage but is not essential, as would experience of scientific publishing. Experience of pharmaceutical products is essential and equivalent experience or training in pharmacy would be a distinct advantage.
You will be experienced in conducting literature searches and appraisals of medical literature and have a strong attention to detail for data entry and checking. With the ability to work calmly and accurately under pressure, the successful candidate will be able to work to tight deadlines and organise their own workload. You will be proactive, organised and excited about working for a thriving scientific publisher in this fantastic role.
In return, the company offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To apply for the role please send a CV, covering letter and details of salary expectations to Esme Richardson at Inspired Selection publishing recruitment agency by email: email@example.com. CVs asap please, early applications may be prioritised.