Editor/Commissioning Editor (Legal, Information & Business Management)
A leading professional publisher and conference provider has an opening for an Editor/ Commissioning Editor to join their reports team, publishing management guides for legal and information management professionals.
- Develop and maintain in-depth market knowledge through research and face to face meetings
- Generate ideas for commercially-viable products across the reports and events divisions
- Commission reports and work closely with authors to ensure schedules, budgets and standards are met
- Edit an agreed number of reports per month, in line with company requirements
- Liaise with colleagues in production to ensure that the end product is of high quality
- Work with sales and marketing colleagues to ensure effective promotion of products
- Work closely with events and editorial teams to share knowledge and contacts
Experience / skills required:
- Editorial experience within business or professional books publishing
- Proven experience of developing new topic ideas and a commercial approach
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills and experience of liaising with industry professionals
- A strong eye for detail and first-class copy-editing and proofreading skills
- A proactive approach and the ability to work as part of a team and autonomously as required
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to email@example.com.