The Miles Building
2 Quy Court, Stow-Cum-Quy
+44 (0) 1223 813100Back
Closing date: 03/06/2012
Digital Content Assistant - Academic
Location: London (Central)
Salary Description: £Competitive + Benefits
Leading academic publisher seeks a bright and talented Digital Content Assistant to work within their editorial acquisitions department!
Digital Content Assistant – Academic – London – £Competitive + Benefits – 12165NT
As a Digital Content Assistant you will assist the Editorial Acquisitions department with the development of multiple digital/online solutions for our clients book programme; assisting in the coordination, communication, and execution of the UK textbook digital strategy within a global context.
As a Digital Content Assistant you will be responsible for the following duties:
• Collaborating with commissioning editors and assistants, authors, developmental editors, and reviewers.
• Working on hybrid print/digital projects from concept to launch.
• Collaborating with the acquisitions editors to ensure that the quality of digital content meets or exceeds expectations.
• Engaging in special digital research and competitive benchmarking projects.
• Assisting in the management of ongoing partnerships for solutions related to learning management software, computerized test banks, and interactive eBook development.
• Liaising with Production, IT, and Marketing Systems in the development and timely launch of hybrid print/online products and other electronic products and solutions.
• Serving as primary resource for online/digital content for textbook market.
• Assisting in managing relationships with authors, SMEs, vendors, and contractors.
• Assisting in establishing in-house quality assurance guidelines and identifying the need for more formal quality assurance testing on digital or fully web-based products.
• Working with in-house or freelance digital interface designers as needed to ensure optimal functionality and quality of user experience for digital products.
To be considered for this Digital Content Assistant role you will be degree educated and have an excellent understanding of the editorial and production processes involved in producing electronic products. Previous experience in an academic or college publishing company would be highly advantageous.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential for this position and you will also have excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
In return for your role as a Digital Content Assistant, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary + Strong Benefits and the chance to work in a great, positive environment.
If you feel your skills meet the requirements of this Digital Content Assistant position and you’d like to be considered for the role, apply today!
Why not refer a friend for £250?*
*terms and conditions apply
To be considered or to find out more please send your CV to email@example.com or call 01223 810325.
Neil Telfer - 01223 810325.