3rd Floor Aldermary House
10-15 Queen St
 0845 389 2289Back
Closing date: 16/10/2012
Deputy Inventory Control Manager - Production
Salary Description: Competitive Salary and Good benefits
A major leading, global publishing company based in the Oxford area has a vacancy for a Deputy Manager - Inventory Control based in the production department.
This role will be instrumental in helping the inventory team adapt to the challenges facing publishing in a new era where books are printed globally, just-in-time, with minimal stockholdings and with increasing competition from e-books and other online resources.
Reporting to the Head of Inventory, the role will likely evolve over time, but key elements will include:
• Providing additional analytical capacity to the inventory team. This could include reviewing stock levels globally, identifying overstocks and monitoring margins on printings
• Working with key team members to help deliver vital change and process improvement, from electronic ordering to developing on-demand printing in new markets and supporting the integration of front list and backlist decision making
• Providing key support for the Head of Inventory with list acquisitions and other cross-business initiatives
• Working with other team members to help develop and test updates and improvements to core business systems
The successful candidate will have:
• Previous inventory/reprint experience, ideally in book publishing, and can demonstrate they have considerable understanding of the practice of inventory management, the context in which it is done, and the evolving needs of the publishing business.
• Experience of working with colleagues from across the business and with external contacts such as printers and warehouses. Some staff management experience would be an asset.
• Some change management experience, such as crafting new processes or procedures in support of new business requirements
• Strong systems skills, including experience of inventory management and production software and systems
• Sound analytical skills, ideally using reporting packages such as business objects
This role will require flexibility and adaptability as the role evolves, with the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritise your work. This role will see the post-holder involved in helping deliver change and real benefits for the whole publishing business.
Please forward an up to date CV in strict confidence with a covering letter outlining your interest in the role and your salary expectations.
0845 389 2289