Palgrave Macmillan Ltd.
Closing date: 11/10/2012
Corporate Communications Manager
Company: Palgrave Macmillan
Location: London (Central)
Salary Description: Dependent on skills and experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Corporate Communications Manager to join Palgrave Macmillan, a leading global publisher of trade, scholarly and reference books.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, you will be responsible for development and execution of the communications strategy, internally and externally.
· Working with the Marketing Director, develop and communicate company message externally and internally
· Manage, maintain and develop schedule of global corporate press releases and activities
· Maintain and develop press contacts database and build relationships with press contacts in trade and industry press (library, publishing, advertising, education etc)
· Respond to corporate media enquiries
- Devise and implement effective projects and campaigns to support the objectives of the company
- Draft press releases, articles and speeches and other written materials, coordinate approvals at senior management level
- Review, develop and maintain the Company Corporate website
- Working with the wider marketing team, develop and manage the company social media presence
- Working with the Marketing Director, develop and deliver a CSR plan
- Provide internal communication support for key company initiatives and news
We are looking for a skilled communications professional with substantial experience of working in a busy press office. Comfortable working closely with senior management, you will have a can-do, flexible attitude. You will be happy working as part of a global team, and skilled at inspiring and supporting your colleagues.
The successful candidate will work within the wider marketing team. This role is based in our London office with two days a week required in our Basingstoke office. Occasional international travel may also be required. For more information about the Macmillan group http://www.macmillan.com.
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
Please apply by sending your CV, and a covering letter confirming your current salary and quoting reference PAL/035/12 via our online recruitment site: http://jobs.macmillan.com.
No agencies please.
Closing date: 11th October 2012