The Miles Building
2 Quy Court, Stow-Cum-Quy
+44 (0) 1223 813100Back
Closing date: 03/06/2012
Commissioning Editor - Textbooks
Location: London (Central)
Salary Description: £Competitive + Benefits
Leading academic publisher seeks a bright and commercial Editorial professional for an exciting Commissioning Editor role!
Commissioning Editor, Nursing and Health – Textbooks – London – £Competitive + Benefits – 12163NT
Are you an enthusiastic Commissioning Editor looking for your next step in Publishing?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join and work closely with the editorial department of a global and established brand as a Commissioning Editor specialising within Nursing and Health.
As a Commissioning Editor you will be responsible for the following duties:
• Developing the Nursing & Health portfolio of products including textbooks and reference products.
• Maximising profitability whilst maintaining a long term revenue growth strategy.
• Building and improving the editorial and academic or professional quality of the Nursing & Health portfolio.
• Developing the companies’ status and reputation as a publisher of Nursing & Health textbooks and reference products.
• Contributing to the company's editorial plan for future development.
• Introducing projects into the publishing programme.
• Liaising with other departments to ensure that books are produced, marketed and distributed in an appropriate way and within acceptable costs.
• Working collaboratively with, and providing creative support to, authors and negotiating with them on terms, content and services.
• Representing the company at academic conferences, on university campuses and at other events.
To be considered for this Commissioning Editor position, you will need to have a proven track record in commissioning textbooks for academic or related markets. Experience of publishing for Nursing or a related discipline would be an advantage and the ideal candidate will also possess an understanding of the economics of book publishing including the financial levers which affect profitability.
In addition, you will be prepared to travel frequently within the UK to visit authors and course leaders. You will also have strong interpersonal skills and be a confident public speaker.
In return for your role as a Commissioning Editor, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary + Strong Benefits and the chance to work in a great, positive environment.
If you feel your skills meet the requirements of this Commissioning Editor position and you’d like to be considered for the role, apply today!
Why not refer a friend for £250?*
*terms and conditions apply
To be considered or to find out more please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01223 810325.
Neil Telfer - 01223 810325.