The Old Vicarage
+44 (0)1827 373750Back
Closing date: 09/11/2012
Commissioning Editor - STM Journals | MH Exclusive
Company: Morgan Healey Ltd
Salary Description: Up to £32,000 Basic + Benefits
Location : Cambridge
Salary : Up to £32,000 Basic + Benefits
Morgan Healey Exclusive.
Our client, a world leading academic publisher is looking to appoint a Commissioning Editor, Acquisitions for their STM Journals.
The successful candidates will work with the Senior Commissioning Editor and the Publishing Director, STM Journals, to research and acquire new products; develop a small portfolio of life science journals in order to maximize their performance.
• Work with the Senior Commissioning Editor and Publishing Director, STM Journals, to apply market research and competitor analysis techniques to identify opportunities for acquisitions of existing products and launches of new titles using appropriate business models.
• Work with Senior Commissioning Editor on the acquisition and management of key Society contracts and development of new business models.
• Play a key role in the acquisition and retention teams for new and existing titles by contributing to the strategic plan by researching, monitoring and developing new and existing subject areas.
• Undertake national and international travel to attend conferences and maintain contact with key players in each field.
• Work with academic editors to review and develop each key title to reflect the subject area.
• Prepare and implement annual development plans for each title and take responsibility for their effectiveness.
• Use strong relationships with academic editors, society contracts and editorial boards to establish yourself as a key contact within relevant scientific communities.
• Promote a positive image of the company with existing and potential clients.
• When representing company in a potential new business acquisition, be able to use strong persuasive skills to present your plans or proposals as well as the company as the publisher of choice.
• Degree or equivalent in a science subject area, preferably in the life sciences
• Several years’ experience in STM journals publishing
• Flexibility to work across a range of life science disciplines
• Project management experience
• Proficiency with widely used software packages (Word, Excel etc)
• Financial awareness
• Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills
• Ability to use strong relationships to establish yourself as a key contact within relevant scientific communities
To apply click here: http://www.morganhealey.com/job_details.asp?job_urn=309
Or send an up to date CV to:
+44 (0)1827 373750
+44 (0)7809 726438
Experts in STM Publishing & Digital Content Recruitment