Commissioning Editor, Materials Science & Engineering
An exciting new opening for a Commissioning Editor has arisen with an independent and growing publisher of STM journals based in Central London. Working to develop a list of Materials Science & Engineering journals, this role would suit an editor with an academic background and established industry contacts in this area.
- Identify new subject areas for journals in materials science and related disciplines
- Develop contacts throughout the world to establish networks within emerging areas of research
- Research and identify appropriate business models and formats for new online products
- Identify societies and institutions with which to collaborate in the launch of new products
- Responsible for appointing for editor and editorial board positions
- Develop business plans and budgets and ensure successful launch of projects
Experience / skills required:
- A background in materials science, engineering, physics, biomedicine or a related subject
- Established industry experience and academic contacts in the area of materials science
- Experience of working in a books or journals commissioning role would be advantageous
- Willingness to travel extensively in Europe and Asia to attend conferences and meet authors
- First-class interpersonal and organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to email@example.com.