3rd Floor Aldermary House
10-15 Queen St
 0845 389 2289Back
Closing date: 05/08/2012
Business Manager - Southern Europe
Type: Business Development
Salary Description: On Application
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced and professional Business Manager to work for a leading educational publishing company. Reporting to the Sales Director and Regional Manager for Europe this is a challenging and competitive role.
The Business Manager represents the company in a given territory; in this instance you will be working with the Southern Europe area: Spain, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Malta and Cyprus territories, and although the role is revenue focused you must be able to look more widely and develop non-commercial opportunities such as faculty-influencing and new product developments. Business managers are responsible for both the retention and upselling of products to existing customers, and the development of new accounts.
Key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Achieving and improving upon agreed sales targets
- Provide both existing and prospective customers with purchasing options
- Sourcing, prospecting and positioning individual consortia within an agreed time-scale
- The demonstration and sale of databases to both existing and new customers, through customer visits
- Acting as a principal negotiator, and delivering powerful presentations, when originating or renewing contractual agreements
- Achieving effective customer account coverage through an agreed number of face to face meetings
- Representing the company at conferences and exhibitions including product demonstrations and product reviews
- Increase electronic usage, in turn increasing renewals
- Contributing to the overall development of the products and services by providing customer feedback in order to capture market positioning
- Feedback of competitor intelligence and opportunities
- Provision of up-to-date information on prospects and sales to an agreed timetable
- Effectively communicating with all relevant internal support teams (marketing, technical support, subscriptions services and IT)
This is a key role within the team and the successful candidate can be located in either Head Office in the UK, or may already be living in one of the territory countries. You will have fluent language skills in one of the territory languages and relevant experience in a similar role. Excellent negotiation and closing skills are required as are strong relationship-building skills with customers. You will have experience of writing proposals, market trends and ideally an understanding of higher education. You should be a self-starter, proactive, goal-oriented, energetic and sales-focused to deal with a challenging market.
Please forward an up to date CV and a short covering letter outlining your interest in this role, along with salary expectations. Early applications will be given priority.
0845 389 2289