Acquisitions Editor (Higher Education)
A leading higher educational publisher is looking for an Acquisitions Editor to join theirBusiness and Finance division. Based in lovely offices in Essex, easily commutable from Liverpool Street, you will be responsible for developing new print and digital products for the Accounting and Finance list.
- Commission and publish a portfolio of textbooks and media/digital products
- Responsible for the development of new print and digital products across the Accounting and Finance list
- With the Publisher and Editor-in-Chief, agree a publishing plan, commissioning priorities and targets
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales teams to achieve sales targets
- Help drive strategy, planning and financial management of the list
- Develop and launch key digital publishing solutions for a changing market
Experience / skills required:
- Solid development editorial and ideally commissioning experience in higher education publishing
- Excellent negotiation, networking and relationship management skills
- Understanding of digital publishing processes and a proven interest in developing digital resources
- Knowledge of the business and finance market would be advantageous
- A creative and commercial approach
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.